Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: OK, I know it's been run into the ground almost, but...CALLING ALL LISSIE EXPERTS!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member carolinapooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2005
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I?d like to gather opinions yet AGAIN. I?ve searched through MANY MANY posts using the search engine and gotten valuable restoration advice, but not what I?m really looking for.

    Felicity simply MUST be bought. I can?t wait any longer. So here?s my question: pre- or post-Mattel (or at least a bit older than the brand-new ones)? When it comes to Lissie, I don?t know what the pros and cons are.

    And what was it about the hair ? one is brighter than the other? Which one? I?m all confused but excited too!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Frankly, I'd buy her now from Mattel. The clothes they're making now are smaller, and we know more Lissie stuff is coming out soon. You wouldn't want to have a brand new doll that didn't fit her own clothes. So, as much as I love my PM Lissie, I have to recommend getting her straight from AG.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The following is absolutely JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION,(so please don't anyone take umbrage):

    I believe the Pre-Mattel Felicities to be infinitely superior to the newer dolls. Try for the earlier '90's dolls with the bright coppery-red hair, before it was muted to a reddish-brown. Her eyes will less of a glaring green, and more natural-looking; cheeks will be plumper and hair thicker, with more lifelike texture. Her complexion will be peachier, her body will be a little thicker, more "little girl-like", and less skinny. I could go on and on, so if you need more details, just "PM" me... [img]smile.gif[/img]

    All these differences are relative, but added together, they seem to total up to a much higher-quality doll. If you look carefully on e-bay and find a nice one, it will be worth the higher cost for a doll you will want to keep for years. At least, that's how I feel about MY PM Felicity!
    [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member wicksasc's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 1st, 2005
    Posts
    132
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    In my opinion, early PM outdoes every other Felicity. She has the bright red hair and rounder face(like my avatar). Many of the other PM versions have the round face, but she only had bright red hair for the first 2(?) years. The later versions have "auburn" hair which if I didn't know any better I would just call BROWN. She is still beautiful, but doesn't have red hair which I think Felicity should have.

    The following links are photos I have taken of the front and back view of the early and recent felicity go to:

    http://www.geocities.com/wicksasc/86_two_front.jpg

    http://www.geocities.com/wicksasc/86_two_back.jpg

  5. #5
    Inactive Member wicksasc's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 1st, 2005
    Posts
    132
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have several Felicity dolls right now both Pre and Post Mattel. If you want more photos PM me.
    ~Stacie

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Princess_Lyndsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I personally like the Mattel Felicitys better than those that are PM. For some reason, I think she looks better with brownish-red than the copper hair. And even though some people think her emerald eyes are freaky, I like them. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member lscogbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    713
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you're going to get Elizabeth, I would see if AG is going to offer a BFF set like they do for Sam and Nellie. Also, if all of these people have difficulty telling the difference between PM and Mattel, the differences can't be that great. If, however, you are buying this doll as a collector's item that you want to increase in value, then I would go for a good PM Lissie. Good luck!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member carolinapooh's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2005
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by wicksasc:
    In my opinion, early PM outdoes every other Felicity. She has the bright red hair and rounder face(like my avatar). Many of the other PM versions have the round face, but she only had bright red hair for the first 2(?) years. The later versions have "auburn" hair which if I didn't know any better I would just call BROWN. She is still beautiful, but doesn't have red hair which I think Felicity should have.

    The following links are photos I have taken of the front and back view of the early and recent felicity go to:

    http://www.geocities.com/wicksasc/86_two_front.jpg

    http://www.geocities.com/wicksasc/86_two_back.jpg
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">WOW!!! Look at the hair difference. I always picture Felicity with BRIGHT red hair.

    She doesn't have that so much anymore!

    You can also tell a difference in her "size" ('scuse me, PM Lissie!) - PM is definitely a bit chunkier. You can notice this by "back" shot; the right arm of the PM Felicity really appears thicker than the Mattel one, even when you "adjust" it for perspective.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ July 19, 2005 07:03 PM: Message edited by: mollymom ]</font>

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Shawniec's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    274
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just wanted to add that I have an older Lissie who is not old enough to have the bright red hair. I love her to pieces anyway, but it was bothering me that all of her Mattel clothes make her look like she is bursting at the seams (she can't even raise her arms in the traveling gown, and forget about putting on the "pannier" part of her undergarments set), so I asked my SIL to pick up a new Lissie for me at the MCM sale. I definitely plan on keeping both of them. Someday I hope to have the time to make clothes just for my PM Lissie [img]wink.gif[/img] .
    Good luck in making your decision.

    Shawn

  10. #10
    Inactive Member MissMooMoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2005
    Posts
    451
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Remember, you CAN send PM Lissie's in for liposuction of her middle. . .there was an overstuffing issue with her at one point in time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •